JOMO is a well-funded startup based in Wilmington, NC (yep, we’re on the beach!). We’ve assembled a strong team and well-connected group of Advisors and Investors. Now, we’re busy building technology that will connect people to each other and the activities they love, in a whole new way.
However, it’s a big job showing the world that life is better when you get out there, and so to help drive our message we’re recruiting a Director of Marketing and Partnerships.
Reporting to JOMO’s Chief Executive Officer, you need to think clear enough and big enough to help define JOMO’s global user acquisition strategies. In addition, you must have the skills and desire to roll up your sleeves and execute, often with challenging timelines, growth curves, and resource constraints. As Director of Marketing and Partnerships, you will oversee JOMO’s PR (we use N6A), digital marketing, social influencer marketing, and partnership marketing. Also, you must be comfortable with iteration and ambiguity, and you must be a skilled problem solver driven by meeting outcome metrics.
- Develop overall strategy and metric driven tactics that drive geographically dense user adoption
- Forge relationships with relevant influencers and strategic partners
- Define, hire, and manage marketing team
- Develop and execute metric driven digital marketing campaigns
- Manage external agencies and contractors (PR/Media Groups, Marketing Agencies)
Test and iterate the JOMO launch strategy in preparation for a national rollout campaign.
- Experience leading a team in a marketing role
- Strong project management and performance measurement skills
- Ability to think critically and solve problems
- Proven resilience (Startups are tough!)
- Outgoing and approachable; able to forge strong relationships
- Flexible; able to respond quickly to rapidly changing circumstances
- Effective time management, organization, and leadership skills
Other Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience working with PR/Media Groups
- Experience working with strategic partners
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Startup experience
- JOMO pays top-of-market salaries to attract star players
- Family Health Insurance
- Company Stock Options
- Four Beers on tap and Fully-stocked Pantry
- Lunches on JOMO
- An amazing team of talented and connected like-minded individuals
- The ability to join a fast-moving, investor-backed, company from the ground up
Please Submit CVs and Cover Letters to: [email protected]